happy valentine’s day little love muffins!
have i told you you’re my most favorite ever?
i used to hate this day. so if you’re sitting there on your second bottle of wine, painting your nails black, listening to adele on repeat contemplating calling that ex you broke up with months ago because you knew it wasn’t right but now you think maybe just maybe it’ll make you feel a little less lonely today – don’t. it won’t work. take it from an expert. they call me st jude – the patron saint of loss causes, for a reason.
and then do something for yourself that makes you feel love. buy a stranger behind you in line a coffee. give a friend a big hug. tell someone they’re beautiful. i baked these little heart-shaped blueberry muffins and gave them to people. and don’t forget to love yourself too, i totally ate two of these and licked the muffin dough spoon.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (i like lots of ’em)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- preheat oven to 375.
- take a bowl. add butter, beat until smooth. add in sugar, beat. add in one egg at a time, beating each. add vanilla, packing powder and salt. mix. add oil. mix.
- meanwhile, turn stove to medium high heat and add milk. bring to a boil.
- add in half the flour to the bowl and then add milk. beat. then add remainder of the flour and beat once again.
- toss in blueberries and gently fold in.
- grease muffin tans with nonstick spray. pour muffin mix in about halfway to the top of each one.
- pop into the oven for about 20 minutes and there you have it folks.