i feel like i’ve reached a new level of grown-upness.
i got a big kid television today. i’ve had the same 20 inch since college – trust me when i say, this is an upgrade.
every single guy (believe it or not, there have been a few) that comes over says “i can’t even see the football” and i’m always like “yeah, that’s sort of the whole point.”
i mean – i can see the bachelor just fine. i don’t see a problem here.
anywho – now it’s just laying on my floor because if i screw it up – i might actually miss real housewives and that WOULD be tragic.
so anyone willing to come hook it up for me will get a dinner of their choice.
now onto the food. the thing about cooking is that to love it, you have to at least not mind doing dishes. i feel like some nights are a vicious cycle of cooking and cleaning, filling the wine and at it again.
so my friend cory (the one living in london that i miss terribly and beg to come back/continue to beg my company to move me there) asked me to do some one dish meals.
and this one is awesome, simple and delicious. i had the ingredients from a margherita pizza i had made and didn’t want them to go to waste so dreamed this up. let’s go.
- 2 cups mini tomatoes (love love san marzano) halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella balls (about 8)
- basil leaves, thinly sliced and divided to taste (about 8 to 10)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup black olives (optional, i just like ’em)
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked (any kind of pasta will do)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste w/ a bit of water (add more if you want it a bit richer/saucier)
- heat oven to 350
- in a bowl, add penne, tomatoes, tomato paste, butter, olive oil, garlic and mix
- place in baking dish
- top with mozz balls, black olives, basil leaves, salt and pepper
- cook for about 20 minutes!