1. my parents are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary this weekend. i am so grateful to the universe that they found each other. partly because i was born and i really love this life but mostly because their love is a rare and beautiful thing and something the world needs more of. mom and dad – thank you for all the love, for teaching me about the importance in liking the one you’re with, how friendship and love truly trumps all. i hope to have a sliver of what you have one day. and speaking of anniversaries….
2. to next week being the one year anniversary of this wonderful place. that deserves champagne right?
3. the universe is big. it’s both terrifying and beautiful at the same time.
4. girl’s got moves.
5. books. i love them. you can keep your kindles.
6. the happiest and hottest music video. ever.
7. marcella hazan. who literally introduced italian cooking to britain and the united states. i’ve only recently discovered her, i’m embarrassed to admit, but i plan to study her and her books. here’s a video of her cooking her veal shank with chef april bloomfield.
love this quote from her: “Simple doesn’t mean easy. I can describe simple cooking thus: Cooking that is stripped all the way down to those procedures and those ingredients indispensable in enunciating the sincere flavor intentions of a dish.”
8. having a close encounter with such beautiful animals. in the wild. emphasis on wild.
9. this video of these two men climbing el captain. my heart leaps just watching the footage.