1. cubbies for the win. this is obviously a big bear of a deal here in chi town, our loyalty runs deep. here’s everything we won’t do as chicagoans if they take it all the way home, our #postseasonpledge.
2. this struck a real chord with me. “an open letter to my friends without kids.” as my late twenties are finding some of my friends and i in such different spots, this really resonated with me.
3. an important reminder that sometimes a curious question can be seriously heartbreaking to people. you never know what people are going through, what battles they’re fighting, what secret they’re hiding.
4.every one of you crazy, strong, brave people who will be running 26.2 miles this sunday for the chicago marathon. we’re proud of you. we’re right behind you. we’re rooting you on. you’ve got this!
5. the city of nashville. i just went for the first time since i visited a friend in college at vanderbilt. the live music. the plaid shirts. the food. oh, the food. i’m going to have to write a whole post about how i ate my way through music city.
6. this kid who is running a restaurant out of his dorm room. the only thing i ever kept in my dorm room was boxed wine and solo cups.
8. college friends. if you’re in college, i hope you know how those people will leave an imprint on you for the rest of your life. and if you’re out of college, i hope you’ve kept in touch. i’m on a flight to meet a few of mine and i can’t wait. there’s no one like them. and if you haven’t kept in touch, you should reach out to one of them. just say hi, you might be surprised.
9. i can’t help it. go cubbies go.