look ma, look what i made!
it’s summertime comfort food. i know that stuffed bell peppers are a fall/winter thing but these are the winter version’s skinnier, lighter sister. if a chicken quinoa dish swiped right on tinder when she saw a bell pepper, this is what would happen.
ha which reminds me. have you ever seen those apps that show what your kids will look like? if ever the world is overpopulated, just make every child use that app daily. yikes.
where were we? oh food. this dish would be good sans bell pepper but the crunchy and flavor of it takes it from business class to coach. the crunchiness of it combined with the warm gooeyness of the inside is just ermagosh.
ok full disclosure here. i thought i would try this new thing where i only talked about the food, like most normal food bloggers do. but it’s harder than it looks. because i want to tell you about all these other things that are happening.
like – i’m really trying to get into this whole house of cards thing because i caught up on scandal and everything else is on hiatus and all the cool kids are watching it. but there’s just something about kevin spacey. it irks me. although, i did like him in pay it forward. did you ever see that? you should. although, you will cry.
maybe it’s that he breaks and talks directly to the camera. it ruins my whole flow. my whole mojo. and i’m like, dude i get it. i know what you’re getting – you don’t have to look at me like that and tell me exactly what you’re thinking. i once got 4th place in the spelling bee, i’m pretty smart.
right-ee-ohhhhh back to the grub. it’s progress. i can’t just go cold turkey on telling you about all my life escapades. like how i made these s’mores bars again this weekend and married them to ice cream and decided i would just wear one pieces the rest of my life if food tastes that good. or how i thought there was a freshwater alligator in my lake this weekend. but neither here nor there.
you must make sure to add the cumin to this. i think mr. cumin is one of the most underrated spices. it is such bombalomb flavor. on fish, fresh salsa, in these little bowls of goodness.
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and seeded with tops removed
- 1/3 cup quinoa, cooked
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, divided
- kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1/4 ounces crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Preheat broiler
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. place bell peppers in and broil for 8-10 minutes, until charred. Turn halfway through cooking so it cooks evenly
- in a bowl, combine quinoa, mint, parsley olive oli, lemon juice, honey, cumin, cayenne, chicken, salt and pepper. once combined, add cheese.
- spoon mixture into bell peppers. top with bell pepper tops and broil for 3-5 minutes.