i just got pitched underwearless pants for men.
i’m just going to leave that right there for you to mull over.
anywho food. how was our turkey day? what did you eat? what did you cook? what was a genius idea in theory that turned out to be totally burnt and ruined in execution? how many glasses of wine did you drink until it was funny? (answer: 4).
if you have buttons on your pants right now, i applaud you. because the struggle is real.
i’m sorry, but can we go back to the underwearless pants? i i mean, why? what’s the allure?: do i want to know? probably not, but yes. boxer briefs are cozy right? not that i would know.
i will get a man a pair of underwearless pants just so i can hear candid feedback. scratch that. i’ll get a man of pair of them just so i can say i know a guy who has one. it’ll make me chuckle on a gray day.
moving on. slightly disturbed but moving on nevertheless. nothing screams “easy one pot dinners” more than the week after thanksgiving so here we are.
this one will ease you back into reality, with a side of brie and holiday parties on the side. this is one of my favorite dishes. it’s a much healthier version to chicken piccata.
the capers are super salty – so be careful when adding additional salt. the lemon juice and wine seem optional, but they really are key to bringing this dish together.
it’s simple, comforting – it’s just right.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup mushrooms (bella, shiitake, any)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- sprinkle the chicken with salt in pepper
- in a pan over medium high heat, sear the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side until brown and juices run clear. transfer to a plate.
- in the same skillet, add mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes, until mushrooms are browning.
- add wine, then scratch up any good little brown bits – bring to a boil.
- then add broth, lemon, capers and chicken breasts.
- cook on medium low until chicken is warmed, about 5 mites.