there’s nothing but love here peeps.
- these are sweet potato fries, so they’re practically vegetables. it’s like eating a salad with a really big crouton on it and no lettuce.
- they have fairy dust sprinkled on them in the form of chipotle seasoning.
- maybe it’s more of a smattering
- or a rubbing even – it got intimate in my kitchen. i wanted it all over.
- you dip them in sriracha. and sriracha is the laverne to my shirley so excuse us while we get a room.
- is the bullet list annoying you yet?
- how about now?
i swear my life feels like a bulleted list sometimes, especially this week. it’s like you’re treading water in the deep end of a pool with weights on your feet and each thing you cross off your list removes a little weight. which just goes to show, i would make for an excellent navy seal.
i just finished american sniper. this morning. sorry bosses, i was 7 minutes extra late because it’s a crime to stop a book with less than 10 pages to go. i know, who reads a book in the morning? not doing thattttt. i read while i brush my teeth and dry my hair because it’s so long and it literally takes like 97 minutes to dry. i should have killer michelle obama arms because of it but the world isn’t fair. i get bored and if i didn’t have something to entertain me while every hair on my head had the moisture dried from it i would walk into work every morning looking like “hey arnold” (remember him?), instead of just on mondays and fridays. because mondays are hard and fridays, are fridays. it’s a universal rule that leggings and non blowdried hair are encouraged on fridays. zippers need not attend.
you should read american sniper if you haven’t already. especially if you haven’t already seen the movie. which i totallt don’t get, why would you see the movie and then read the books? that takes all the imagination out of it. people be cray.
the last few books i’ve read have been pretty serious nonfiction books. i went to my little book basket today and plucked out a solid beach read that’s set on nantucket. i want a hammock relaxing kind of read. send me recos!
don’t you love an aioli? forget all the other condiments of the world, aioli is where it’s at.
i will confess. these are soooo easy to make once they’re peeled and chopped. but the chopping was a little workout. reason #2 why i should have killer arms and the world is not fair.
they’re worth it though.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
- about 1 1/2 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- ground chipotle pepper (to taste) – start with 1 tbl
- kosher salt and pepper (to taste)
- sriracha aioli
- 1 part sriracha
- 3 parts low fat mayo
- preheat oven to 425
- place sweet potato strips in a bowl, add olive oil, ground chipotle pepper, kosher salt and pepper
- toss together until mixed thoroughly
- spread sweet potatoes onto a cookie sheet, making sure there’s no overlap with any
- top with additional chipotle/salt/pepper
- cook in oven for about 15 minutes, toss the fries and then cook an additional 12-15 minutes