you guys. i decided what to name my hypothetical cookbook.
“recipes to cook when you don’t feel like cooking.” – amirightoramiright? would you read it? would you at least take it off the shelf? probably not because i’m the last person who actually goes to bookstores. but you know what i mean….peachesncream?
essentially, the laziest persons cookbook. or the cookbook for the insanely busy person who also wants delicious food but who also wants time to cozy up on the couch with olivia pope and a glass of cab. we have the same amount of hours in a day as beyonce, but i’ll betcha that beyonce doesn’t have to take out her trash, pay bills and stew over a stove for hours every evening.
and this recipe would be included. because when you say it out loud it sounds all laborious and slightly pretentious but when you make it – you’re like.orderingpizzaisharderthanthis. even postmates pizza.
i get cravings for salmon. it’s fresh and light and packed with flavor. it’s simple to prepare – pop it in the oven for 10 minutes and you’re good. and it’s easy to prepare. with a few ingredients you can have sweet, spicy, whatever you fancy.
this dish is requires one pan. and clean-up is nonexistent. but i won’t tell anyone, it’ll be our little secret.
- 2 6 ounce salmon fillets
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 squash, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut two large pieces of parchment paper into ovals and cut in half.
- on one side of the crease, layer the zucchini, squash and onion.
- lightly drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper.
- place salmon on top and squeeze lemon juice over it along with salt and pepper. top with dill.
- Fold the parchment paper over starting at one corner and pinch the edges over to close the packet. Make sure the edges are completely closed.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet and bake the fish for 12 to 14 minutes on the center rack in the oven, and then remove and unwrap or cut the top of the packet and serve in the paper. Serve immediately.