originally posted 1/5/2014, post revised 9/13/14
guysssssss. i’m having a moment. if one more person screenshots the weather and posts it on social media, i’m going to lose it. like pour a glass of wine at 11 am and drown myself in lifetime movies, lose it.
as if we don’t all have that exact same app telling us the exact same thing while we all stand at the bus stop freezing our badonks off in that exact same weather.
as my dear friend cp would put it – get a grip.
chili is the ultimate indicator of fall. it makes me think of sundays at home, the one day i got to just be a kid and not go anywhere. i can hear my mom knocking around pots and pans, my dad raking the leaves, and i can almost smell the aroma filling the house.
it’s comfort. like that spot in the couch you wear down so you always fall into it just right.
everyone think they have the best chili recipe. but they’re wrong because i do. it’s got a good kick to it – which if you don’t like you can get rid of but i’ll be here judging you. you can really make it your own- do yo thing.
you won’t mess it up. if you do, just plow your guests with booze.
- low sodium v8 juice (go spicy if you can take the heat) – about 3/4 of the bottle, but depends how soup-y you want it to be.
- 1 15 oz can brooks chili beans
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbs cumin (i looooove cumin)
- 1 tbl cinnamon
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 3 tbs onion
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- brown/cook ground turkey and sliced onion over medium heat on stove until cooked thoroughly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- in a large pan, add all ingredients.
- stir, heat to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- let sit for at least 2 hour before eating.