i wish i was ballsier.
i told my coworkers this and one took to calling me “ballsy brooks.” strangely (or not strangely) i kind of like it. it reminds me i need to have more gumption.
plus, i’ve always feel slightly deprived because i never had a cool nickname. No one ever called me “ace” or “teen” or “bow wow” (long story). all i ever got was “lovebug*” from my dad and mb – my initials.
*editors note: dad’s feelings got hurt. lovebug is the coolest nickname ever, however i don’t really want to walk into a bar and have someone yell out “lovebug” because i dont really want to be single forever. and friendless.
enter: ballsy brooks and me blushing with excitement that i’ve finally got a cool nickname.
basically, if you want to be my best friend, just think of a nickname for me and you’re in. i’m easy.
foot and mouth disease strikes again. change of subject.
i saw this shirt the other day. on my shopping spree. it just makes me giggle. straight up, smile. i mean – can you imagine walking around with this on?
that would probably be more stupid than ballsy but still, feeling like a stupid badass is better than feeling like suzy sunshine.
sometimes i find myself responding to emails, or writing a text and it’s cringeworthy. where it’s like – no one should be that perky. and it’s rarely genuine. I’m usually just afraid of the person or it’s something that i so don’t want to do that the only way i can keep myself from saying “sure, right after i jump out the window” is to go the complete opposite way and act like it’s the coolest thing that’s ever been done since sliced bread.
suzy sunshine is freaking exhausting. “of course!” “absolutely!” “on it!” “ASAP!” (suzy sunshine also uses far too many exclamation points).
if suzy sunshine was a dessert, she would be these lemon blueberry bars.
we’ve been over this. i’m not much of a dessert person. so i’ve been deprived of a nickname and a sweet tooth. talk about first world problemssss.
but my dear friend anna kept sending me desserts she wanted me to make and because i love her so, i made one. and i gotta say, as far as desserts go – this one is sweet and scrumptious. it’s refreshing. sugary lightness.
recipe rom how does she: http://www.howdoesshe.com/amazing-lemon-blueberry-bars/
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the crust ingredients and mix well. Press dough evenly over the bottom of the lined baking pan. Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the filling ingredients, except the blueberries, until smooth. Gently fold in the berries. Pour filling over the baked crust. Bake bars for 30 minutes or until the filling has set. Let cool in pan before removing bars. Dust lightly with powdered sugar if desired. Serve at room temperature. Makes approximately 20 bars.