wanna talk about how cold it is in chi? i almost started this off with a screengrab of the weather but then i thought of the hate mail i’d get because of this and thought better of it.
anyway. have i told you about the time i went on vacation by myself? i did. and before you start feeling bad for me, don’t. please don’t. and no, it wasn’t pathetic. it was the most opposite of that.
i honestly just couldn’t breathe for a minute here. it was cold and dark and i hadn’t had a day off in months and i was just ready to throw a stapler or scotch tape thing (that’s about as violent as i get). i felt a little lost, mostly from myself. my family friends had a condo and i just booked a flight. it was that easy. i just did it.
and you know what the most beautiful thing is about going on vacation by yourself? it was 4 days of doing whatever the hell i wanted to do. LITERALLY. i had nooo oneeeee telling me they wanted to golf, or wanted to go on a pirate ship or wanted to go to some god awful tourist trap with the biggest rubberband ball.
DO IT. darling, if you listen to nothing else i’ve ever told you – please just do this. just go somewhere when you feel the need to go, on your own. it’s your soul telling you to. you will be scared and maybe a touch lonely for a moment and you won’t know where you are at all times – but oh honey, somewhere along the way – this little thing will happen, it’s like a little flutter in your heart. and you’ll find yourself again. and you’ll find you’re a little braver and stronger than you left yourself. i promise you.
i mean it wasn’t “eat, pray, love” but it was some “eat”. mostly fish tacos. just couldn’t get enough. i went out to eat the fish tacos and made friends with awesome strangers. c’est la vie. huge perk for a talker like me travelling on my own. so i came home and made them my own.
i know fish isn’t top of mind this time of year, but it’s so so good for you. i honestly feel bad for people who don’t like seafood. for real. that sucks for them.
you must use mojito lime seasoning. you must you must you must.
- – 2 tilapia
- – 1 packet mojito lime seasoning (mcormick makes it)
- – 1 lime
- – whole wheat tortilla
- – letttuce (as desired)
- – tomato (” “)
- – avocado (” “)
- for the sauce:
- – 1/4 cup light mayo (i use hellman’s fat free)
- – 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- – dash of salt and pepp
- Heat pan with PAM/ olive oil (to lessen calories, just use PAM).
- sprinkle mojito lime seasoning on both sides of fish.
- squeeze the juice of half a lime on top.
- cook fish on stove on medium high heat, 5 minutes on each side (until it’s white/not transcluent)
- heat tortilla in microwave, oven or on stove top. I turn the stove top off after fish is cooked and throw it on, 5 seconds each side.
- spread sauce on tortilla. add pieces of fish, chopped lettuce, tomato, avocado.
- for sauce:
- add mayo, cilantro, salt, pepper and juice from half a lime
BOOM. freshness packed flavor.