i made you dessert for breakfast (and took out all the calories, it was exhausting) so that gives me free reign to talk about all the feelings right?
yesterday i woke up feeling like i couldn’t get it quite together, like something was off; the second i left i felt like i had forgotten something. i was anxious, and afraid and the worst part was i didn’t even know what i was anxious and afraid of. it was unnerving.
i felt like i had been at work for 19 hours and it was 1:17 pm. everything felt dull and distant and irritating. i went for a walk. i went to the cooking store because for some weird reason that usually calms me – the walking and the kitchen things. i know, i’m strange but it’s my thing. i couldn’t shake it.
the end of the work day mercilessly came, finally, and i went for a run. and that helped. the fresh air, feeling my lungs burn and my legs ache and pushing onto the next mile anyway. it helped. i got home and cooked, poured a glass of wine, decompressed. but something was still nagging me. it’s still nagging me.
i think it’s partly because my birthday is looming in the not so distant future. i think it’s because a lot of my closest ones are going through big changes in their lives and it forces you to examine where you are. i think i need to shake things up.
it’s like this nutella stuffed french toast. why have classic french toast when you can stuff it with chocolate hazelnut goodness? the classic is great, classic is reliable and consistent and safe. nutella stuffed french toast is decadent, it’s daring, it’s nearly too much. i want my life to be nutella stuffed french toast, if only for a little while.
deep talks with sassy eats.
- 4 pieces whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbl milk
- 1/4 cup nutella (more or less to taste)
- spread nutella over one slice of bread – avoiding the edges. top with another slice of bread.
- with the rim of a glass, cut out circular pieces of bread, repeat for both sandwiches
- in a bowl, add eggs, vanilla paste, cinnamon and milk. whisk until well combined.
- heat a skilled over medium heat.
- dip each nutella french toast couple into the egg on both sides
- place in skillet and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side