i am so absolutely, head over heels in love guys.
i know, we thought it might never happen but this time it’s the real thing.
it all came together so easily, you know? just like people said it would. i am in love and i don’t care who knows it.
the red wine with the fresh rosemary coupled with the garlic and it all just gets right on in there and the meat just soaks it right up and boom. so many feelings.
Yep. This dish stole my heart. You didn’t honestly think the eternally single girl would go all carrie bradshaw in the shoe closet when she finds big holding her blue manolos? not today boys and girls. and tomorrow isn’t looking good either. So sit back, relax and hold on – there are more turmoil-filled and tortured dating expeditions in my future. Have no fear, because I have enough of it for the both of us.
For right now, I am just fine being here with you. wishing we could have this flank steak together and a glass of zinfandel (I’m on a real zin kick right now, it’s just soooo smooooth dontcha know) and recapping the golden globes fashion. I mean honestly, what was lena thinking? and that kate Hudson – mygod. Chrissy teigen was totally my fave. Mostly because she’s my best friend. In my head. oooohh should I write a post about the gg’s? would you even read it? or care? do I even care if you care? let’s all just not care and write it anyway whaddyasay?!
Oh and the bachelor. You guys, last night made last week look like an episode on national geographic. Ashley S made Britney spears circa bald head 2007 look sane. Really sane. And tractor races. In bikinis. I would rather pick each of my fingernails off.
Mackenzie has a fetish for big noses. And believes in aliens. And she got a rose. And I’m still single. So, I feel good about myself. I’ll just leave you there with that for a moment.
So I cooked with booze again. It’s not just because I am too lazy to go out in penitentiary known as chiberia. I mean, it’s mostly that but it’s also because booze just tastes so good with food.
This flank steak is one of my new most favorite recipes. I ate it for three days straight. Because that’s what happens when you’re dining for 1, you have to be ok with eating leftovers. A lot.
I actually thought I had marinated it for too long. I had been looking at a bunch of flank steak recipes and I marinated mine a good 12 hours longer than most. It was so serendipitous, which is serendipitous because serendipity is my favorite word. The flavors in that marinade made sweet sweet love and it just came out so perfect.
Also, I should say I like my meat rare. So I have two cooking times below. I realize some people don’t like their meat still mooing.
Bon appetit you lovely people.
- 1 tbl black peppercorns
- 1 tbl coriander seeds
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 tbl red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbl. worcestershire
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (1-lb.) flank steak
- Kosher salt, to taste (about 1 tbl)
- In a small bowl, add black peppercorns, coriander seeds, wine, vinegar, worcestershire, garlic, rosemary, and olive oil; whisk to combine.
- Poke flank steak with fork all over so the marinade soaks in. Spoon marinade over top and add additional rosemary sprigs to pan.
- cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours (no longer than 36 hours), turning occasionally so that marinade gets in there
- When you’re ready to grill, set the meat out on plate so it comes to room temperature – keeping the marinade that’s in the pan
- Transfer marinade to small pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until sauce thickens
- Heat a grill (or grill pan) to medium high heat.
- Add flank steak and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side for medium rare and 9 – 10 minutes for medium/medium well. Baste the steak with the reserve marinade while it cooks.
- Once cooked to your desire, transfer to plate, cover with foil and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.