it’s days like these that i’m relieved i’m single.
did you ever see that SATC episode where carrie talks about secret single behavior? it’s like that.
because i want brussels sprouts for the 19th day in a row. and i want to have a glass of white wine. and then i want to take a small scoop of peanut butter and put a mini cadbury egg on it and i want to eat it. standing up in my kitchen over the counter. and then i want to pour a glass of red wine and watch alaska the last frontier while reading cookbooks and wearing an exfoliating mask. because, pores.
and i dont want to be judged. it’s my bliss and that’s my truth.
my sprouts addiction runs deep. like, it’s bad. i have neglected all other vegetables for dinner. i don’t even try anymore. i’ve surrendered.
i just realized my last post involves sprouts. er…. but they’re like totally different. completely. right? if that’s wrong, i dont even wanna be right.
i think you’re in one camp or the other. you either love sprouts, or you hate them. you either rock at life, or you wear crocs.
in you’re in the latter category, go ahead and swipe left – we’re not made for each other. but you should at least TRY them. and these are pretty stellar. they’re colorful and delicious and they’ll totally help you keep your news years resolutions. down a whole pound and a half? you definitely deserve that cake pop today.
ohmygosh can we just talk about the gym situation? we have like 97 treadmills at my gym and there was not one free last night. zip. zap. nada. nothin. and you know, you JUST KNOW, that there were people. just walking. not even glistening. not even breathing hard. one had the audacity to be ON HER PHONE. and you know, it just about took everything i had to not push him/her off the treadmill. i have strong feelings about gym etiquette.
where were all of you over the holidays, huh? eating your brie and frosted cookies. that’s where. not at the gym. and now you’re taking over the treadmills. and yes, i will stand right next to you, like a hawk, until you feel so uncomfortable that you have no choice but to go over to the elliptical. or i was tempted to do that anyway.
where was i? oh yes, sprouts. you can do literally anything to them at all. i’ve tried most of them. the one thing i should’ve done with these is BACON. because, BACON.
- 1 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate (just buy them pre-seeded, save yourself the trouble)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the Brussels sprouts in a bow, toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet. Roast in the oven until golden brown (i like mine a little crispy), about 35-45 minutes.
- Transfer the sprouts to a large bowl and add the pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts, and lime. Season with salt as needed.