i’m in an official relationship. it’s pretty serious.
mom, put your wedding planner binder back in the closet.
it’s with my slow cooker.
this rocked my world. this is the one i made up in about two minutes by throwing ingredients into a bowl, stirring and tasting.
i was going to wait to eat this. it was only 5, so figured i’d wait a couple hours. but then, i tried a bite. i inhaled it. standing in the kitchen inhaling it at a geriatric hour.
i still feel like slow cookers take the magic out of cooking a little bit.
but this is the jam. “welcome to the space jam. here’s your chance, do your dance at the space jam, alright…. – anyone?
while we’re on the space jam kick – little, i believe i can flyyyyy. that song is deep.
anywho. chicken thighs are where it’s at. they’re soooo juicy and ooh baby, once you go thigh you’ll never go back.
say hello to my new obsession. isn’t he pretty?
plus, we’re busy. it takes a lot of time to be this fabulous. also, i feel like this is a good boyfriend recipe. i wouldn’t know, so please report back. it’s rich, it’s juicy, it’s packed with mouth-watering flavor.
yes, i’m in a relationship with my slow cooker.
i don’t even feel like dirty talking about this recipe, just go make it and you’ll understand the language. i mean – i started this happy place to talk about the loves of my life – in the kitchen and in my life. and this is why.
- 2 chicken thighs (i prefer the bone-in but boneless works too!)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (a good size one or 2 little ones), chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 tbl cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- in a skillet, heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium high heat
- mix soy sauce, garlic and honey together in bowl
- add chicken thighs to skillet once hot, cook for about 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- add to slow cooker.
- add mixture to slow cooker and top with 1/2 green onion bundle
- cook on low for 2 1/2 to 3 hours’
- in a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water; add to crock pot. stir to combine.
- cover and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes, or until it thickens slightly
- serve over brown rice and top with green onions.