you know what’s the worst….
…. <- – – that. what is that?
is there something i need to read between the lines? ok queen passive aggressiva, slow your roll. or do you just not understand grammar so your “…” prevents you from using a colon when maybe you should be using a semicolon?
even the name of them is annoying. ellipsis. it makes me feel like i have a speech impediment. which i did when i was younger, that no one ever told me about. one christmas a few years ago i started watching old home movies and i sprinted down to the kitchen where my mom was, “you never told me i had a speech impediment!” to which she goes, “oh yeah, it was awful.”
never in my 25 years did you think to maybe mention that? i don’t really remember it. i remember that i hated the color orange because the “or” was hard for me to get out, it came out like “oinge.” i tell ya. at least i’ve made up for it all these years later – i can talk to a brick wall and have a ball of a time.
in conclusion, just mean what you say and say what you mean, and fortheloveofpete tell your kids if they couldn’t talk when they were younger. and also, if you’re that kid –i only hope you have an older sister like mine who did all your talking for you. what i wouldn’t give for her to still do that for me.
anywho…. (i hate myself) – how you doin november? look at you all hot and sweaty at a ripe 70+ degrees in chicago. i tried to live it up – i went running outside in the pitch black after work, i wore dresses and skirts, i took walks during the day (because it’s dark at 4:30) but i also looked longingly at my cozy sweater and holiday playlist.
(as you can tell, i must prefer angry caps and dashes to the ellipsis.)
i’m ready for soup and sweater weather. just turn the air conditioning down, and settle right in. white chicken chili is one of my all-time favorite soups ever. it’s clean, it’s flavorful, it’s just goldie locks right. so i was going to make that last weekend for the 19 millionth time when i decided to change it up. little smoky spice, few tomatoes, fresh herbs, and….
(don’t leave me).
happy soup season!
- 1 tsp evoo
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/3 onion, diced
- 1 4.5 ounce can green chiles
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 12 ounces cannellini beans
- 1/2 beer (anything but light) – i’ve done heineken and wheat beers
- 32 ounces lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp smokey chipotle powder (paprika works too, chipotle has a bit more of a kick so would maybe add some cayenne, but that’s spicy me talking)
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- add evoo, garlic, onions to soup pot over medium high heat. cook until onions are translucent.
- add green chiles, simmer for 1 minute
- add remaining ingredients
- cover and let simmer for 2 hours or until you fancy