welp, that was embarrassing.
go ahead and add that to the leaning tower of pisa of things that made me cringe inside.
i went to go get sushi the other night. i got my usual order (volcano roll meeee) and when i went to pay the guy goes “you ordered online right?” sure did.
“you know we have an app now, you should download it.”
me: “oh i definitely will, i order from here all the time.”
“yeaaaaa, we know thattt. we know. you order ALLLL the time (while he laughs at me).”
did i just get #sushishamed?
a. i feel like you should be thanking me. b. i’m pretty sure you should start treating me like the vip that i am, because i basically keep the lights on in this place c. stop giving me three pairs of chopsticks, this is all for me.
ill show them though, i am totally ordering from some other sushi place tonight. for the record – i didn’t eat sushi yesterday at all. it’s been two days. it’s not like i have an actual problem. it’s not like i need it, i just don’t want anything else.
apparently now i have to start including other sushi places into my rotation. i’ll probably have to make a chart. i’m exhausted just thinking about it.
when i’m not eating sushi, i’ll probably be eating this. i used to be a sweet potato hater – mostly because i’m a potato hater unless they’re dunked in grease and fried. but things are turning around. BIG CHANGES. how’s that for a life-altering whip lash?
(the sarcasm is coming out as thick as nutella today, and i can’t stop it. i’m actually actively trying to not talk to people because i can’t stop it.)
i think of this little salad as a black bean burger salad. hold on. i’ll explain. all of these things are involved in me making a black bean burger. that the explanation. and short of sushi, black bean burgers are my favoriteeee. what is it they say about going black….? (<—- did i just say that? yes i did! see. need to avoid people).
the dressing is made with greek yogurt which is alll the rageeeee, which i like to be apart of. it’s a little thick, but once you get it all up in there – mmmmmmmmm.
i’m going to go research new sushi places now, because #SUSHISHAMED is real.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into about an inch squares
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1 ear sweet corn, removed from husk or about 1/2 cup of canned corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado, pit and skin removed, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place sweet potatoes in oven for 20 – 25 minutes, until tender.
- To make the cilantro lime dressing, combine cilantro, Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice and salt in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, add olive oil and vinegar in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- Add everything to bowl. pour dressing on top. YOU’RE DONE, son.