just make these. just do it.
do not pass go, do not collect $200.
the first time i did. mind = blown.
plus – they’re pretty healthy and loaded with stuff that’s good for you (that’s the technical way to say it).
i swap in turkey bacon for regular. for the sauce, i do want my friend mandy burns taught me – honey, mustard and sriracha – just the right sweet with the right spicy. i skip the lettuce because i don’t want it to hide all of the flavor coming out of this taco.
recipe complements of how sweet eats (aka my blog idol) : http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/07/blt-salmon-tacos/
- 2 4-inch tortillas
- 1 3-4 ounce salmon filets
- 2 slices turkey bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- shredded lettuce for garnish (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 lime
- 1 tbl honey
- 1 tbl mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha
- turn on broiler. top salmon with salt and pepper.
- broil on both sides for about 5 minutes
- while that’s cooking – cook the bacon
- heat up the tortilla – i throw it on the stove after it’s turned off from the bacon…weird but it works!
- layer up the sauce (recipe below) avocado, lettuce, tomato, bacon, salmon and squeeze lime
- add honey, mustard and sriracha